Sahaj Paather Gappo
সহজ পাঠের গপ্পো
(Colours of Innocence)
5th August 2018 3:30 PM
10-year-old Gopal’s carefree childhood is disrupted when his father meets with an accident. It becomes difficult for his mother to feed him and his little brother Chottu. Gopal starts devising ways to earn money. With a little assistance from Chottu he takes up odd jobs from cleaning wells to selling laboriously plucked fruits in the local village market. Emboldened by his initial success, Gopal fancies himself as the breadwinner of the family. Meanwhile, a grand Janmashtami feast is being planned in the Brahmin household where the pulao will be served. Hearing this both the brothers hatch plans of their own. Gopal would like to make a quick buck by selling palmyras for the feast, while Chottu starts dreaming of this fancy dish that he has never seen or tasted. After all he has heard that the whole village will be invited. But as a disheartening reality Gopal and Chhotu were not chosen to be invited. It shattered Chhotu's dream world..
Awards and Recognition
This film made its entry to Mumbai Film Festival 2016 in two categories and is selected for Indian Panorama section of International Film Festival of India 2016.It is also one of the two movies from India that competed in the international section of International Film Festival of India. Noor Islam and Samiul Alam jointly won the National Film Awards, India (2016) in the best child actor category
Here is the list of all the recognition -
• First Bengali film in last three decades to win National Film Awards in Best Child Actor Category (2016)
• One of the 26 feature films selected for Indian Panorama Section of the 47th International Film Festival of India (2016)
• One of the 2 Indian films selected for the international competition section of 47th International Film Festival of India (2016)
• Special Jury Mention award in Mumbai International Film Festival (MAMI) (2016)
• Invited in Goteborg International Film Festival, Sweden (2017)
• Invited in New York Indian Film Festival (2017) – nominated for Best Film and Best Director award.
• Invited in Asia Pacific Screen Awards (2017)
The International Critics Prize ( FIPRESCI Prize ) in Schlingel International Children's Film Festival (2017)
Invited in Kolkata International Children's Film Festival (2018).
Won four Filmfail Awards East, 2018 for Best Debut Director, Best Screenplay, Best Editing, Best Debut Actor.
It won Most Promising Director,Best Sound Design, Most Promising Actor honour at the second West Bengal Film Journalist Association award function for films released in 2017.
Manas Mukul Pal (born 25 August 1987) is an Indian film director, actor, and screenwriter who predominantly works in Bengali cinema. He came to the limelight after directing his first feature film Colours of Innocence (2016)which was a critical and commercial success. He is working on his second feature film which is going to be a biopic of the freedom fighter Dinesh Gupta.